Check out this Vegan Butternut Mac & Cheese recipe from our friends The Athlete's Table and Chris Bagg Coaching
•24oz butternut squash (bagged & precut)
•1 medium onion (sliced)
•1/2 cup roasted & salted cashews
•5 cloves garlic (peeled)
•4 sprigs fresh thyme
•2 tsp salt
•1/2 package Kite Hill Almond Cream Cheese
•2 tsp onion powder
•2 tsp garlic salt
•1/2 tsp nutmeg
•1 tsp smoked paprika
•1-2 Cups unsweetened Almond Milk or Water
•1tsp Honey (optional, To Taste)
1. In a large pot, combine the butternut squash, onion, thyme, garlic, salt, cashews and enough water to just cover the squash. Season water with 1 tsp salt.
2. Bring to a simmer and allow the squash and onions to cook until very tender.
3. Boil pasta as directed on the packaging.
4. When the squash has cooked through, remove the stems of thyme.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove all the ingredients and add them into a high-powered blender.
6. Add 1 cup of water (or butternut cooking liquid), 1/2 package of the Kite Hill Almond Cream Cheese and the salt, pepper, nutmeg, smoked paprika, onion powder and garlic salt.
7. Blend until ultra smooth and creamy and season additionally as desired. Be ready to add more water as needed to bring the sauce to a "cheese sauce" consistency.
8. Season with additional salt, pepper or spices as desired.
9. Combine cooked pasta and desired amount of sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Check out more awesome recipes at www.theathletestable.com