Check out this recipe for yummy eggplant sandwiches!
1. Turn your oven on broil - high
2. Cut the eggplant into slices about 1/4 inch thick
3. Assemble the eggplant onto a baking sheet and brush with olive oil, season with salt and fresh ground pepper to your liking
4. Move the oven rack to about 6 inches below the heat source. Cook the eggplant for about 6-10 minutes or until tender and toasted
5. Chop the fresh basil leaves
6. Brush the olive oil and balsamic vinegar onto the inside of both pieces of bread 🥖
7. Slice mozzarella
8. Once your eggplant and bread are done, assemble the sandwiches with cheese and basil and enjoy!
9. Optional step—if you want a toasted sandwich (like the ones in the picture), spread a light amount of butter on the outside of the bread before assembling the sandwiches, set a pan on medium heat, and cook until each side of the bread is golden and toasted (just like a grilled cheese!)