As endurance athletes, we burn a lot of calories. Living in the real world, we also don’t always have time to make elaborate meals and often need some quick nutritious calories on the go! These chocolate chip banana bread muffins are easy to make, quick, vegan, and packed full of good endurance fuel to replenish your energy after workouts. Check out this recipe:
Quick Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Muffins
4 medium-large ripe or over ripe bananas
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
2-3 pinches nutmeg powder (optional)
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dark semisweet baking chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 355F
2. Mash bananas well (We find it’s easiest to do this with your hands)
3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
4. Combine melted coconut oil, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
5. Combine the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture, one half at a time.
6. Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chips.
7. Grease a muffin tin or a rectangular cake pan (we prefer muffins!) with canola or coconut oil.
8. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin, or the baking pan.
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.